Sunday, December 9, 2012

Look what I did.

I was having an impromptu date night with the wife last night. We went to a Tex Mex place called Don Pablo's. For any of you who don't know, their food is AWESOME. It has soooooo much flavor (shudders). I LITERALLY SHUDDERED AT THE THOUGHT OF THE AWESOMENESS THAT WAS PLACED BEFORE ME AT THAT RESTAURANT LAST NIGHT. I am so glad i have left overs for lunch today. anywho, this blog isn't about Don Pablo's as much as it is about a poem i wrote while looking one piece of their decor. the inside of the restaurant looks like an old brick warehouse. on the inside it has "authentic" mexican murals and old advertising pieces along with some neon lights and plastic (at least i think so) plants. despite the lights it is rather dim to set the 'mood' for the patrons. one of the murals was of two mexican women drinking some sort of cola. they were wearing traditional mexican clothing. The mural moved me so much that i decided to write about it. this is that poem: FORCES OF TIME four shining Gems edged in a cliff ancient faces against ancient brick seeming thinly veiled though inches thick perhaps they stare at something more personalities intact and completely two dimensional hiding the hurt from a day's work behind sugary sweet brown liquid tipping the bottle, a sign of victory complete finished is the toil until the bottom of the bottle is revealed I am being watched by four shining Gems edged in a cliff How did you like it? I felt really good after i did it. I really enjoy sharing my poems with you my readers. I have another question: Do you think I should try to publish a book of my poems? I have a friend who knows somebody. Maybe it could be done. Alas, I am very lazy and need some shoving into something like this. I welcome criticism. RANDOM PHRASE: What do my eyes see? I see little balls of sunshine in a bag.

1 comment:

  1. I love the poem! It was very enjoyable! It couldn't hurt getting them published. That's a market question, and that's something I don't know about right now :-)

    ReplyDelete